Saturday, May 29, 2004

Kitten Update

The kittens flew the coop, so to speak. They left the porch a few days ago and have been enjoying playing in the yards. This morning they either followed their momma (Miss Bobbi) into the woods or she took them there. I couldn't find them and called to her, and she and Rascal peeked out and came to me. Then I saw Stubby climbing a tree. 15 minutes later I looked out and Stubby was climbing a different tree. He LOVES climbing.

They've been in the woods all day and seem to be having a great time. At first I thought why would they leave the comfort of the deck, where there's food, a soft bed, a litter box and even a toy. Then I saw them chasing each other through tall thick grass, climbing trees and thought of all the little animals they can chase and realized it is a lot more fun out there. I'm hoping they'll return to the porch at night at least. I miss them. :(

They have an appointment to get neutered in a couple of weeks. We may go ahead and take Stubby to the vet this week and get his shots and bring him inside, before he gets all wild on us or gets hurt or someone else snatches him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment