Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Paula Poundstone

OMG Paula Poundstone has a comedy special on tonight!!!

"10-11PM Paula Poundstone: Look What the Cat Dragged In (Bravo, TV-MA) Poundstone's sober and her delivery's as dry as ever in this long-awaited stand-up special. ''I often wish that I had a degenerative disease,'' she says, reclining on stage. ''I'm tired and achy all the time anyways.... If I had a degenerative disease, the exact same behavior I have now would be considered courageous.'' B+"
Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/listing/tv/wtw/0,6115,tue_3__,00.html

Her website: http://www.paulapoundstone.com/

I was a huge fan of Paula's back in the late 80's/early 90's. I watched her comedy specials, I read her column in Mother Jones magazine (weird, just last night I thought about MJ Mag and Paula). Then she had a short-lived show on ABC. When it wasn't getting good ratings I wrote to the network (the only time I've ever written to a tv network or to save a show. She had a horrible time slot and I was sure if they moved it everyone would love the show and it would succeed. Of course, they ignored my advice.

I wrote my one and only fan letter to Paula at the same time. I've never written to any other celebrity before or since. And she answered my letter! She sent me a postcard that had a picture of her cats on it, and she wrote me a little note referencing what I'd said in my letter so I know she actually read it, and she thanked me for my support.

That made me an even bigger fan. She has had some troubles, but haven't we all? I hope her life is better and I can't wait to see her special.

No comments:

Post a Comment