Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Woods & Cats

Last week I realized I had never taken any pictures looking down into the woods behind my house. (Actually what started it was hearing John Anderson's Seminole Wind and he says "And the last time I walked in the swamp, I sat upon a Cypress stump," and i thought "I need a stump to sit on!" and thought of looking for one and then thought about the fact that I have no pictures from the back woods.)

So Sunday afternoon I went back there. The cats followed me, as they always do when I'm out in the yard. So here are pictures of my woods and the cats.

At the end of the yard, there is a lower place that is kind of flat then it goes downhill into the woods. This is taken standing in the low flat part.



I am thinking of making this area a sitting area of some type. Maybe a picnic table, or a couple of chairs. Or a deer blind (I saw one of those on TV the other day and thought that would be perfect for hanging out in the woods and taking pictures of the birds and stuff!!)

Looking to the left.



Looking straight back and down



Toward the right.



Rascal was laying by a tree over to the side of the main yard but when he saw me he had to find out what I was doing.



Roscoe is watching Bobbi walking across the yard.



Bobbi walked across the yard to this tree and then walked down the tree to me, followed by Rascal.









Spare and Rascal wait to see what's going to happen next.



Finally, Hoppy the 3 legged cat hops down to join us. Except he just wanted to bother Bobbi so I had to carry him back up to the porch. Because even though he has only 3 legs and no claws, Bobbi still runs from him when he chases her.

No comments:

Post a Comment