Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Movement

I am trying to incorporate more movement into my life every day. A friend reminded me that a wise being once said "Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'" I am taking that advice to heart and it really has helped me.

It's only day 3 but I have been doing pretty well, I think. The weather has been nice and sunny and that helps. I've been going out to the boulevard and walking during my lunch hour or after work. I love love love this time of year. I love watching for signs of spring. I have tiny crocuses blooming in my yard now so I know it's not far away. It really helps me WANT to walk. And the iPod helps a lot too. Today Dave walked with me for part of the time.

I have other "movement" options available to me. I'm hoping to get our free YMCA membership back so we can swim and/or work out. Now that we ride together, I think we would be more likely to do it. And my office has a work out room in the basement complete with treadmill, elliptical thingie, weights, etc. I have worked here for 10 months and haven't used it.

I have tried different exercise routines in the past and I can't seem to stick with anything long term. But I'm like that in all areas of my life. Instead of beating myself up about it, however, I am now trying to accept and work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment