Saturday, October 04, 2008

Kashi

I love the Kashi Go Lean protein bars, so I thought I would try some other Kashi products.  I eat Cheerios for breakfast every morning but no protein and am hungry too soon after. So I decided to try the Kashi Go Lean crunchy cereal, which has 3 times the protein of Cheerios.  I had some this morning.

In terms of taste, I like the Cheerios better. The Kashi is a little too sweet. But the Kashi is definitely more satisfying. It has more calories, more fat and more carbs than Cheerios, but also has more fiber and more protein and the carbs are the better kind of carbs.  It has 7 whole grains. It has less vitamins added, but I don't count on my breakfast cereal for vitamins, I take a multivitamin and other supplements with it.  The Kashi is more expensive than the Cheerios, but it was on sale at Kroger's this week.

So the bottom line is, I like the Cheerios better, but the Kashi cereal is better for me.  I'll finish this box and make a decision then.  It may grow on me and I may like it better by the time I'm done with it.

I would like to try more of the Kashi products but Kroger's doesn't have that many. I'll have to look more at the Healthy Life Market, where I buy their TLC (tasty little crackers). 

The cheese TLC are GREAT. The ranch crackers are too sweet though. I'm going to try some of the others. I really want to try their frozen pizza. I hope the Healthy Life Market carries it.

Kashi has a really good website which includes healthy recipes:

http://www.kashi.com/

Oh! and you can get a free Kashi cookie - I've been wanting to try the oatmeal/dark chocolate ones:

http://www.kashi.com/stealacookie/getmycookie

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment