Friday, March 30, 2007

A walk along the river

Kanawha River, Charleston, West Virginia

I have been walking every day, 30-45 minutes generally. The weather was perfect today so I snapped some pics with my cell phone. I usually walk on the Kanawha Boulevard, today I walked below it, on the lower sidewalk, which is much nicer and less crowded. I stop and sit by the river and enjoy the peacefulness before I go back, and it usually puts me in a good frame of mind to return to work.

Click on pics for larger versions

Sunshine, jet trail, trees!



The first half of the walk, upriver



Sitting



To the right from where I was sitting



To the left



Looking up toward where I usually walk



On the way back, down river



I heart big old trees! In the background is the Southside Bridge. Maybe next week I'll walk across it. But then I'll just walk right back, because if I continued I'd have to walk up hill, up Bridge Road. It would be a beautiful place for a walk, and I see people walking over there, but I'm not in good enough shape for that yet.



Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment