Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008: My Year in Pictures


January 3: Dave has a heart attack. :(


January 4: Dave gets a stent


January 18: Maddie (my niece) turns 12


February 12: Nick (my nephew) turns 15


February 15-17: We spend the weekend at Stonewall Resort thanks to Dave's work (work for Dave; relaxation for me)


March 1: We accidentally drive onto the WVU farm and visit with the experimental cows!


March 1: We stay at Waterfront Place and go to the WVBA dinner


April 16: We watch the circus elephants eat salad


April 19: I meet Aubrey Grace (Pam's granddaughter) for the first time at her grandmother's birthday party


April 27-30: We vacation in Hocking Hills, Ohio


April 30: The cats get really excited when we come home


May 10: I celebrate Mother's Day with Mom and Sis in Huntington


May 22: I spend a lot of time in the spring walking by the river


June 11: I meet nephew Ely (who lives in Oregon) for the first time


June 28: We enjoy FestivAll


June 28: The Raccoon Family comes for supper


July 9: Heavy rain brings flash flooding in Pinch


July 10: The cats discover a new past-time - chasing bird shadows (Roscoe is jumping there, not climbing!)


July 20: We discover a chicken hanging out at the Cracker Barrel


July 26: We go to a picnic in Virginia to see Aunt Bib


July 27: We visit Natural Bridge, Virginia


August 3: Mom, Sis & I celebrate our birthdays. I turn 45 on August 5.


August 9: We get our new sleep number bed and move the old mattress into the kitchen. Stubby thinks we should keep it there all the time.


August 12: I fall in love with Cathedral State Park


August 13: We walk to the top of Seneca Rocks, something we would not have even attempted a year before


August 14: We visit the Rockingham (Virginia) County Fair


August 15: We celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary at Harman's North Fork Cottages, where we spent our wedding night


August 18: I start my new job at the Federal Public Defender's Office!


August 22-24: I spend a great weekend with the girls at Willow House


October: Hoppy the Three-Legged Cat disappears and is presumed dead :(


October 12: We enjoy the fall colors on a trip to Morgantown


November 3: a mysterious sculpture is discovered by the river


December 11: Rock Band at Sis's house


December 15: I celebrate Christmas with my Girlies at Ruby Tuesdays


December 18: We attend the WVRC Christmas Party


December 24: We celebrate Christmas at Dad's


December 25: We celebrate Christmas at the In-Laws'


December 26: We celebrate Christmas at Sis's and do yoga with Wii Fit


Although 2008 started off rocky, all in all it was a good year. We were very blessed. And we look forward to all of the good things coming in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL post!!

    I LOVE IT.

    A BRILLIANT idea.

    ReplyDelete