Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 08

As you may know, every year for mother's day my mom, sister and niece go on a little trip together. This year due to money and time issues we decided to just stay around home and have a sleepover at Mom's.

Saturday Mom, Sis and I spent the afternoon in Huntington. Niece didn't think that sounded very exciting, so she opted to stay home and go to her soccer game and join us later. We had great weather and a pleasant drive up. We had lunch at our fav restaurant, Chili Willi's and shopped at Pullman Square. I used to live in Huntington but Pullman Square was built after I moved away. And even though I go there at least a few times a year if not more, I had never been there! I don't think I had ever even driven by it. It's such a nice, pretty area. There are several restaurants and shops, a horse drawn carriage you can ride, and a pretty fountain (where we took the pics I posted yesterday). It was also graduation day for Marshall University so there were a lot of people around. There's a very nice book store there, Empire Books and News and that's the only place at Pullman Square I bought anything, Louise Hay's "You Can Heal Your Life", which I've been meaning to get for some time. I guess I'll put it with the pile of other books I intend to read. :-O I haven't even finished A New Earth yet!

After we left Pullman Square we drove by Ritter Park just to enjoy the view. Did some more shopping on the way home at the new Wal-Mart in Hurricane. Then picked up Niece and spent the rest of the evening at Mom's eating pizza, talking and playing 20 Questions.

On Sunday the weather was not as good and it rained and stormed most of the day. We picked up Nephew and went to Cracker Barrel for brunch. Then drove to Charleston to the Barack Obama HQ to try to get tickets to see him speak the next day, but they'd already been given away.

We stopped by the Capitol Market to shop for flowers and plants. Then a trip to Dairy Queen for dessert.

After we took Mom home, Sis and I and the kids went to my Dad's to take flowers to Step-Mom and had a short visit with them. I dropped Sis and her family off at the house and then headed home.

We had a great time and we all agered it didn't matter where we go for our "trip", so long as we do it together. I think we had as much fun staying around here as we have anywhere else we've gone. I love hanging out with my family. I am so lucky to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment