Sunday, September 21, 2008

Reiki Principles/Ideals

"The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth

Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
The founder , Usui Mikao"

http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html

There are several versions of the reiki ideals I find online.  It drives me crazy that I can't find any consensus as to what is the correct translation. I know it doesn't really matter, it's just my perfectionism or wanting everything to be black and white LOL. The above seems to be one of the more complete translations. Others are more simple, like this (as I was taught):

"Just for today do not anger
Just for today do not worry
Honor your teachers and elders
Earn your living honestly
Show gratitude to every living thing."

I also like this version from the book we got:

"Just for today I will give thanks for my many blessings.
Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will not be angry.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing."

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment