Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wild, Wonderful West Virginia



Yay the votes are in! And "Wild, Wonderful" won!

http://www.wvgov.org/sec.aspx?id=32&articleid=1588

The back story: Our governor changed all the Welcome to West Virginia signs to change the "slogan" on the signs from "Almost Heaven" to "Open for Business". Everybody hated it! To his credit, he let the public decide. Everyone was invited to submit a slogan, and the top 3 submitted were the finalists, I think. Then we voted for the winner. Finalists were "Almost Heaven", "Wild, Wonderful" and "The Mountain State". I think I voted for Almost Heaven, but I had a hard time choosing between Almost Heaven and Wild, Wonderful, so I'm happy with the result. As long as we get that stupid "Open for Business" off the signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment