Thursday, June 05, 2008

Skin Care Update

I was asked how my new skin care regimen is going so here is a little update.

I love it! I can't remember how long I've been doing it, a few weeks? I do the OCM (oil cleansing method) about every other day. I use 30% castor oil and 70% extra virgin olive oil. I'm considering adding some other oil(s) down the road but I need to research that and see what I might want to try.

I've been doing the cleansing in the shower. I massage the oil into my face then lather my hair and wash my body. Then before I rinse my hair, I turn the water hotter and do the steaming with the wash cloth. I do it about three times usually. Then I go on and condition my hair and shave and whatever. If my skin feels dry before I get out I'll add some more oil as a moisturizer but not very much.

I've been using the Kiss My Face moisturizer and really like how it feels, although I wonder if it won't clog my pores.

I haven't seen any amazing transformation, but my skin hasn't been too bad of late. My skin does feel really good and soft. I do break out during my period and occasionally other times but I don't have a major acne problem. After the first time I did the OCM I got a huge zit by my nose and had one small one yesterday on my chin but that's been all so far. They say your face does need to adjust and that may happen. It will be interesting to see how it does when I have my period. If I do break out, I may add some tea tree oil to see if that helps. They also say you may need to experiment with different mixtures to figure out what works best for you.

Oh one other thing, it seems to be helping my seborrheic dermatitis. Sometimes you can tell around my hairline if it's not under control and it looks red and flaky. It has looked a lot better. I also sometimes get this red place on the corner of my eyelid that I think is related to that and I was having to put hydrocortisone on it all the time but it never really went away. Now it has been under control as well. Oh and one other thing, a nice side effect, my hands are incredibly soft too!

It's really cheap and easy to try so if you are interested in trying it, I say go for it! And I'll keep you informed of how it goes for me too.

My next purchase is going to be some tea tree oil products and I'm going to start using that as deodorant. Then I want to start looking at more natural products for my hair.


EDIT: Wanted to make sure you see this comment from Kiss My Face re: the moisturizer:

"hi, i work at Kiss My Face and saw your comment on our moisturizer. thanks a lot for using Kiss My Face and to answer your question, our moisturizers contain no oil or ingredients that would clog your pores. you may also want to check out our obsessively organic skin care line that has everything you need for a full regimen including moisturizers, cleansers, acne gel, and pore shrinks. there are 9 items and you can learn about them at kissmyface.com.

thanks again for using Kiss My Face. Lewis Goldstein, VP Marketing"

2 comments:

  1. hi, i work at Kiss My Face and saw your comment on our moisturizer. thanks a lot for using Kiss My Face and to answer your question, our moisturizers contain no oil or ingredients that would clog your pores. you may also want to check out our obsessively organic skin care line that has everything you need for a full regimen including moisturizers, cleansers, acne gel, and pore shrinks. there are 9 items and you can learn about them at kissmyface.com.

    thanks again for using Kiss My Face. Lewis Goldstein, VP Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the information! I am definitely interested in trying more of your products and will check them out.

    ReplyDelete