Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My latest painting



I call it "Cozy"

Kind of a learning experience. I am not good at planning. I knew I wanted a cat in front of a fireplace. First it was going to be a brown cat but it looked ugly. And it was going to be facing toward me instead of the fire (that's why the tail is on this side) but it's hard to put eyes and stuff on a black cat. The rug is a little too dark. I didn't plan the colors - if I had, they would have all gone together a little better. After I got the fireplace and cat done, I just added other stuff to fill up the picture. I originally was going to have carpet but I couldn't decide what color to make it to go with the other colors so I made it wood. I wish I'd done the fireplace in a different color.

This is the first painting I've spent a lot of time on and didn't finish it in 1 or 2 sittings.

No comments:

Post a Comment