Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family by spending the day at my sister's house along with my husband, my sister Tina, her husband Mike, my niece Maddie, nephew Nick, brother Shawn, Mom, Dad and Step-Mom. We had a great time with good food, great company and lots of fun.

We alternate years with my husband's family and mine. I with they all lived in the same area but unfortunately my in-laws are in Morgantown. This is the second time we've spent the day at my sister's with both of our parents there, and last night I was thinking that 2 years ago was the first holiday we've gotten to spend at the same place with both parents since I was 11 or 12 years old. For me, that has always been the worst thing about having divorced parents. It is really special to me now to be able to do that. I am so thankful that my parents (including my step-mother) get along well enough now to be able to celebrate together that way. I just can't express how meaningful such a simple thing is to me now. My family is very important to me.



Mike deep-fried two turkeys and everyone pitched in to bring a huge amount of food that there was no possible way we could eat in one day. At least we all got to take home some delicious leftovers. Shawn was in from Greenville and it was so good to see him. He has decided to move back home. I am sorry it didn't work out for him there, but will be glad to have him home again.


We saw the coolest rainbow in the afternoon! It was the brightest, clearest rainbow I have ever seen.



We ended the day with a rousing game of Pictionary, girls vs. boys, with Tina, Maddie and I on one team and Mike, Shawn and Nick on the other. The girls were kicking ass the first half of the game but unfortunately the boys came from behind and beat us in the end.



All in all, it was a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment