Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

The rest of our weekend was pretty uneventful. Dave had to work Friday and I stayed home all day. No way I would go NEAR a mall or any short of shopping area on Black Friday!!

I watched the Harry Potter movie (the first one) finally on Friday. I don't always enjoy a movie after reading the book but I really liked this one. It really brought the characters alive for me, and I think it will enhance my reading of the rest of the series. I will start book 3 after I finish the two library books I have out. I am about 3/4 of the way through Tales of a Female Nomad, which is so good.

Saturday we went to Morgantown to have dinner with the in-laws. It was a football Saturday, and I have never driven to Morgantown on a football Saturday. It was quite festive! The closer we got, the more cars we saw with WVU flags and decked out in gold and blue. My favorite was a "short bus" painted gold and blue. The people on it were obviously drinking and having a great time and they were yelling and waving to everyone who passed. There was so much traffic. When we stopped at the rest area outside of Clarksburg it was filled with people wearing gold and blue and I had to wait in line for the restroom! All of that almost made me want to go to a game and join in the fun. ALMOST.

You see, I have never been to a WVU game. I went to Marshall, and my family never followed college sports. My husband is from Morgantown and works in radio, and he produced the Mountaineer games for years. While we were dating and then married and still living up there, he had to work every game so I never went to them.

Today we're chilling at home. I may paint a little. Half the day is already gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment